Your dog can have an allergy at any time. It could be caused by food, environment, plants, or it could be seasonal allergies. These allergies usually lead to itching. In this article we will be talking out how to know when yuor dog has an allergy and how to use Fitapet Allergy Relief for Dogs to help.
How to tell if your Dog has an Allergy
Here are some telltale signs to look out for; constant scratching, sneezing, and paw-licking with watery eyes, hot spots, itchy skin, and rashes. Additionally, you can consult your vet to confirm if your dog has an allergy.
Most commercial pet foods contain minimal antioxidants, thus, dog parents may be great beneficiaries of a product like Fitapet. This review is intended to show you whether Fitapet is an effective allergy relief for your “itchy dog”.
Table of Contents:
- What is Fitapet allergy relief like?
- What are the contents of Fitapet allergy relief?
- Does Fitapet allergy relief work?
- Is it worth the price?
- How can I give Fitapet Allergy relief to my dog?
- How long does a pack of Fitapet Allergy relief last?
- What are the cons to using Fitapet Allergy relief?
- Is Fitapet allergy relief recommended to dog owners?
- What other options can I try?
- Is Fitapet allergy relief suitable for human consumption?
What is Fitapet Allergy Relief About?
Fitapet Allergy Relief are soft chews made in the USA by the company Fitapet. It provides relief to dogs suffering from allergies. Canine allergies are too common these days, and no loving dog parent wants to see their buddy in pain or discomfort.
Fitapet is said to be a high-quality natural allergy relief product for dogs containing a variety of antioxidants to support your pet’s immune system, thus enabling it to fight off environmental irritants. These great-tasting soft chews are said to have a lot of benefits including;
- Supporting your dog’s immune system.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidants to make your dog look, and feel better.
- Anti-itch to help relieve your dog’s itching and scratching.
- Antioxidants to reduce cellular damages.
These qualities are great, and important for your “itchy canine” to enjoy.
What are the Contents of Fitapet Allergy Relief?
Fitapet Allergy relief is made specifically for dogs, and it contains; quercetin, bromelain, turmeric, grape seed extracts, pumpkin powder, and omega 3 fatty acids.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: This helps with allergies, and skin conditions, kidney function, heart disease, arthritis, cognition, and lymphoma.
- Turmeric Roots: This is a powerful antioxidant that stimulates the immune system to combat allergies naturally.
- Grape Seed extract: serves as an anti-allergen, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant. It also helps with skin issues, arthritis, and fur growth.
- Quercetin: This is an antioxidant that boosts blood circulation, and blocks histamine (an organic nitrogenous compound involved in local immune responses) release to stop allergy symptoms like itching and sneezing before they happen.
- Pumpkin Powder: This boosts the immune system, and helps with issues like eye health, parasitic control, and weight loss. It also helps itchy dogs.
- Bromelain: This is a natural enzyme found in pineapple that acts as a natural antihistamine (drugs that treat and provide relief from nasal congestion, sneezing, or hives caused by pollen).
Fitapet allergy relief chews are soft with great taste. And require no refrigeration.
Does Fitapet Allergy Relief Work?
This product comes in a sealed 152g packet with 60 soft chews inside. It is said by some users to have cured dry itchy skin and itchy ears of their pooch and scratches were said to have diminished by 95%.
Additionally, a dog parent confirmed that this relieved continuous all day itching to an occasional itch in a pup just after one week of usage. Also, other users confirmed that Fitapet cleared rusty staining around dogs’ eyes and made their fur shiny within a month’s use. Its fair to say that not only does Fitapet allergy relief work, but it could also be effective for a shiny “doggie coat” and clearing your dog’s eye stains.
Is it worth the Price?
A pack of these chews costs $18.95 on eBay, and Alibaba.com online stores. This is an affordable price for your buddy’s comfort and happiness. Remember, a happy dog can make a happier home!
How can I give Fitapet Allergy Relief to my Dog?
These chews are recommended for all dog breeds 6 weeks of age, and above.
The number of chews to be administered daily depends on the weight of your pooch.
- 20lbs – 2 soft chews.
- 21 lbs to 40lbs – 3 soft chews.
- 41 lbs to 60lbs – 4 soft chews.
- Over 60lbs – up to 6 chews.
How long does a pack of Fitapet Allergy Relief last?
If your dog weighs 20lbs, and you feed it 2 chews a day, a pack of 60 chews will apparently last 30 days. Likewise, if your dog weighs about 41-60lbs, a pack will last for 15 days. How long a pack of these chews last generally depends on your dog’s weight.
What are the Cons of using Fitapet Allergy Relief?
Although the product is said to have a great taste making it ideal for picky eaters, some dog parents have reported the refusal of their dogs to eat these chews.
Stating that they’ve had to hide these chews inside dog’s foods before the dogs ate the chews.
For a much heavier dog, the daily dosage of these chews will be high. Which might seem a bit expensive. For example, a pack of 60 chews will last approximately 10 days for a dog above 60lbs.
This product may as well not be very effective in dogs with very severe allergies and it isn’t meant to be a total cure, but drastically subsides itching.
Is Fitapet Allergy relief Recommended to Dog owners?
It is totally safe for your pooch to use these chews as long as it is 20lbs or above. So this product is recommended to help treat your dog’s allergies and itches on a condition that it is used as directed.
But if your pooch doesn’t like these chews, and you find it difficult feeding these chews to him, or you think it is not worth the price, there are other options you can try that I have listed below.
What other options can I try?
You can try these home remedies to relieve your dog’s itching problem:
- Aloe vera: The gel contained in aloe vera rapidly regenerates damaged tissues.
This also decreases inflammation, and has antibiotic and coagulating agents in it.
Fresh aloe gel can be used for wounds, insect bites, and fungal infections.The gel should be obtained from the real live plant as it has more potent enzymes.
- Baking soda: Baking soda has a soothing effect due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
It neutralizes acid, and creates a more basic pH that helps to relieve itching.
To prepare, mix one tablespoon of baking soda with water and make a paste. Apply the paste on itchy areas and leave for a few hours before washing off. This is easy to use and effective.
- Oatmeal Bath: most dog hypoallergenic shampoos include oatmeal as an active ingredient to soothe and fight irritation.
Grind oatmeal into a powdered form, and add some water to make an oatmeal paste. Apply on itchy spots for maximum relief.
- 50/50 Apple Cider Vinegar – Water Spray: This gives relief especially from dry and itchy skin.
Fill a spray bottle with 50% water and 50% Apple cider vinegar and spray on affected areas.
This should not be applied if your pooch has an open skin as the solution will sting the exposed wound.
Is Fitapet Allergy relief fit for Human Consumption?
The short answer is no, this product is not suitable for human consumption. Its use is restricted dogs only. If you have an allergy, it is advisable to consult your doctor for a prescription of appropriate medications.
Seeing your pooch happy is refreshing. Since it’s normal for them to be most active when they aren’t in any discomfort, you will greatly enjoy the company of your itch-free dog.